Here you will find all you need to prepare for the Electrolytes workshop at EMSS17.
We strongly encourage you to review the course material before arriving at EMSS17.
- Pocket guides: Pocket guides describing the treatment of hyper-/hypokalemia and hyper-/hyponatremia. Please review the pocket guides.
- Abbreviation list: List of the abbreviations used in the pocket guides.
- Electrolyte disturbances presentation: This presentation serves as an introduction to the four electrolyte disturbances covered, including causes, symptoms and clinical findings. Also includes a quick run-through of the pocket guides.
Please note: All pocket-guides can be downloaded. At EMSS17 you will receive a printed copy of the pocket-guides as well.
Electrolytes pocket guides (click to enlarge – download link below):
- ABCDE: airway, breathing, circulation, disability, exposure assessment
- AVPU: awake, voice, pain, unresponsive assessment
- CaCl: calcium chloride
- ECG: electrocardiogram
- GCS: Glasgow Coma Scale assessment
- IV: intravenous
- NaCl: sodium chloride
- PO: per os; oral administration
- PR: per rectum; rectal administration
- SIADH: syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion
Download list here (pdf)
Electrolyte disturbances presentation:
Download slides here (pdf)