At this page you will find all you need to be well-prepared for the Dyspnoea workshop at EMSS17.
We strongly encourage you to review the course material before arriving at EMSS17.
- Written material: A document detailing the intricacies of acute dyspnoea, as well as five principal conditions that can cause it.
The document covers typical diagnostics and treatment , as well as considerations for when to contact senior and specialist colleagues.
This document includes a list of all abbreviations used in the pocket guides.
- Pulmonary Oedema pocket guide: A handy overview of the key point about pulmonary oedema for the course material document.
- Acute diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolism pocket guide: A quick guide to the most essential step to exploring pulmonary embolism as a possible diagnosis.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome pocket guide: A pocket guide with an overview of initial diagnosis and treatment of Acute coronary syndrome.
- COPD and Status Asthmaticus pocket guide: A quick overview of initial management and treatment of both COPD and Status Asthmaticus.
- Oxygen Therapy pocket guide: A pocket guide of the indications, pros and cons of the different oxygen therapy devices.
- Further reading: Materials for further reading if you’re interested. Not mandatory to read.
Please note: All pocket guides can be downloaded. At EMSS17 you will receive a printed copy of the pocket guides as well.
Dyspnoea Course Material:
This written material covers dyspnoea in general, as well as the five principal conditions of the workshop.
Pulmonary Oedema pocket guide (click to enlarge – download link below):
Acute Diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolism pocket guide (click to enlarge – download link below):
Acute Coronary Syndrome pocket guide (click to enlarge – download link below):
COPD and Status Asthmaticus pocket guide (click to enlarge – download link below):
Oxygen Therapy pocket guide (click to enlarge – download link below):
Further reading (not mandatory):